Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Trial & Error

I got a few requests to see the owlie hat I started on yesterday, so here's a crappy razor pic! It's a nice chocolaty brown corduroy with green fleece and white, black and orange felt appliques. Our mac isn't the best backdrop either, but hey, it's late.

Soooo, it's my first hat. Didn't exactly turn out as I had hoped. You know, to fit on a human head. :( I didn't use enough material, so it's cute, but not even deep enough to be an infant's hat. So sad, but you live and learn.

This failed hat has spawned an even cuter idea, though! An owlie sleep mask! I will be lightly stuffing it with some hypoallergenic polyfill, sewing up the bottom, attaching some elastic and voila! A cozy corduroy owlie eye mask!

I'm very excited about this idea. I can make all kinds of these! I've seen variations of animal hats, but not any sleep masks. I'm sure it's been done before, as I am a firm believer that there's nothing new under the sun, but I haven't seen it, so I feel all original.

What say you? I'm going to try to get some of the eye masks and hats on my Etsy before Christmas. Maybe I'll actually sell something for a change!

1 comment:

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...