Thursday, November 26, 2009

No Birdies Were Harmed During The Enjoyment of This Holiday

Thanksgiving lunch, at my sister-in-law's, and Thanksgiving dinner, at my mom's, were both incredibly cozy. I may or may not have been less than attentive company, as I was on the verge of passing out the entire time.

May I add that my narcoleptic state had nothing whatsoever to do with tryptophan? I'm a vegematarian. ^_^ Personally, I think my ovaries are to blame. Being overly emotional/hormonally imbalanced, along with being well fed, really wears a chick out!

Consuming copious amounts of both mac and cheese and garlic mashed potatoes, followed by cuddling on sis-in-law's couch with your teensy canine niece (Chica Boo), is also a sure fire way to find yourself nodding off after lunch.

Consuming copious amounts of both baby portabella stuffing and yummy garlic green beans, followed by curling up in a ginormous chair and a half, with a big warm blanket, is another sure fire way to find yourself sleeping with your mouth open after dinner.

When I was little, my mom taught me to say grace like this:

Thank you for the food we eat. Thank you for the world so sweet. Thank you for the birds that sing. Thank you, God, for everything. Amen.

That simple little prayer never seems more appropriate than at Thanksgiving. I'm so blessed to have family to spend time with, food to eat, and a safe, cozy place to take a nap.

God bless and keep you all. Mwah!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving!!! I slept off & on all day too. hehe. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking there's no shame in this. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Faux-Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...