Friday, November 13, 2009

To Write Love...


You guys ever heard of To Write Love On Her Arms? Well, if you haven't, check out that site.

I learned about TWLOHA around two years ago, when I was working on a street outreach team for at risk youth. I know. What kid isn't at risk? We had our work cut out for us. 


Anyhow, I ran into a couple of guys with TWLOHA tee shirts, and they were more than happy to tell me all about it.


Basically, it's a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depressions, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.


Part of the vision behind TWLOHA is the belief that we were all created to love and be loved. We were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. We all need to know that our stories are important, and that we're part of a bigger story. We need to know that our lives matter.


I completely believe all those things. In honor of To Write Love On Her Arms, I wrote "love" on my arm. Just one more way to support the cause.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard about this movement. I think it's pretty cool. Good for you to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3

    I'm so glad! It really has been a wonderful thing for me to do. I did a walk for suicide last week, and it just made me cry. But THIS made me feel like I did something real and positive! :)

    Now, if I can only get my comment to post. (I've read your blog off and on for months, and never have managed to work your comment box. Maybe if I sign into Google and try that way...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie- It is pretty cool. ^-^

    Lady Glutter- ^-^ Showing your support and love via the walk is awesome too, even if it made you cry. People are too desensitized. If you ask me, everyone on that walk should have shed some tears. It means we're alive and still feeling.

    I'm so sorry my blog gives you trouble! Bad blog! Wish I knew what to do to fix that.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...