Thursday, November 12, 2009

Paying It Forward Etsy Style

Today hasn't been the best. Not the worst, but not the best. I have an incredibly angry tummy, and I'm stuck at home on the couch. I need to clean, but I don't feel like it. I get more nauseated when I'm up and about. Blah.

I did have a pleasant surprise this morning, though. Stuck on the couch, I grabbed my trusty laptop and the remote, flipped the television on to the ever paranoia spawning crime channel, and logged on to check my email.

What do I find? A fellow blogger and etsier, Adrienne, has featured one of my owlies on her blog! Awesomeness.

I haven't sold the first thing in my shop, and, to tell the truth, I've been a little daunted by that.

Making people happy by making them things is an addiction. Painting. Drawing. Crafting. Whatever. It's just a simple thing that I can do that brings so much joy.

Simple is good. Happy is good. But making things? Costs money. So a little shop to help pay for things sounds like a great idea, right?

I thought so, and I'm still really excited about it. I just find myself battling that nagging "no one likes the stuff you make enough to pay for it" feeling.

Ridiculousness, right? I mean, I know the amount someone is willing to pay does not define how much something is worth, but it's just that artist/consumer relationship thing. Aaand I'm insecure.

Imagine my gratitude at finding a complete stranger that is willing to help me promote my little wonky shop. So, I thought I'd pay it forward and feature some other shop owners here on my blog.

So, scroll on down, and feel free to click away! All the items are under $10, and would make wonderful Christmas gifts, don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Chin up girl, be patience and keep working on your shop. Yuo'll see the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw that was nice of you to do.

    If my parents weren't all over every purchase I make, I'd so be all over your shop. That being said, I'm still waiting for you to make something for my classroom - obviously I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :) Can you do Wall-E? I love Wall-E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BululuStudio: ^_^

    Curious Illusion: Thanks. I can totally do Wall-E and Eva for you. I was just waiting for you to decide what you wanted. 2 watercolor posters coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love that ring!!! I would so buy something - but we already kinda swap stuff . . . after Christmas we'll come up with some sort of aggressive marketing scheme or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ari- I know! I want that ring SO badly, but I just know I'd break out. I'm too allergic to everything to try it. :( And I SO don't expect you to buy. The term "aggressive marketing" frightens me, but if I don't sell anything by Christmas I will TOTALLY be up for it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh really? *excited*

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...