Monday, May 24, 2010

Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat

I'm planning a tea party! It will be a Mad Tea Party, of course, and it will be in celebration of Mr. T's and my 7th wedding anniversary. I think I've mentioned how mental I was at my wedding, so this is my chance to be a calmer version of me, and actually enjoy myself.

It's next year, and I've already been searching far and wide for inspiration photos, and this one is right up my alley. Colorful, but simple. I'm not going for the exact same thing, but pretty similar.
I googled "tea party", and found this image. Can't remember where, and didn't save the link! Not mine!

There will be all kinds of wonderful things, people! I'm going to make Alice In Wonderland themed invites, and "Eat Me" cupcakes. There will be "Drink Me" bottles of something...not sure what yet. It'll be nonalcoholic, of course, so my drinking friends can thank me for that later. I love you, guys! There's just so much, I can't think of it all. Must. Make. Lists.

Which leads me to the guest list. *Insert creepy, intense, impending doom movie music* I'm afraid I won't be able to invite as many folks as I'd like. There were over 100 people at our wedding, and I just can't plan/afford a party that size. After all, I am leaning towards starving artist here.

Another problem with the guest list is that some of my friends don't like each other. They're all awkward. Now, while I respect people's feelings, I want our closest friends to celebrate with us, and if that means they have to put up with people they don't like (SOBER), then that's what they'll do, because they love us. Right? Will that fly? I mean, I'm not heartless. I won't make them cuddle, or invite exes. I just want my very different friends to be cordial. That's not too much to ask, is it?

Moving right along! I now need to sell my house, buy a new one with a gorgeous fenced in back yard (This part is something we've been wanting anyhow, so why not expedite that little task?), and purchase LOTS of funky tea cups, twinkle lights, Chinese lanterns and multicolored tulle. Oh, and put my friends to work.

What a hodge podge of awesome it will be!

3 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 01, 2010

    Of course we'll play nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO excited. Wait, we're still invited, right?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ari - It's not you I'm worried about.

    Shannon- Of course you are! Oh, cutest thing ever. Todd refuses to have HB scoot, so if we're still at our place now (with the dinky porch) he's rebuilding it the way it ought to be. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...