Sunday, May 16, 2010

Scottish Manliness

I love this song soooooo much.

 
Travis

What is it about Scottish men that gets to me?! It's not just the accent, is it? It can't be. It helps, but I like them before they even talk. Am I alone here?

Sean Connery
Ewan McGregor
Gerard Butler
All three of these men have made me a little swooney, at one point or another. 

I even met three people from Scotland on a business trip once, and I fell in love with them, too. Danny, Gary and Jacqui.

Jacqui was a cute little freckly blond with a scratchy sort of voice. She was a mother of three, and missing her teenage boys something fierce. Basically, she was the sweetest thing ever, and adorable to boot.

Danny was tall and hilarious, and every one called him Donny. It did sort of sound like Donny when he said it, but I was pretty sure I'd heard Gary call him Daniel. When we ended up in an elevator together, I asked him to clarify. He cracked up, told me it was sort of an inside joke at that point and asked me politely not to tell. Donny it was.

Then there was Gary. Dude was all kinds of attractive and masculine, and he smelled sort of like eucalyptus. What? I wasn't sniffing him. He just sat near me, and I had to breathe. Perfectly innocent. Well, he made the mistake of saying my name. More than once. Like a lot. With that accent. I seriously fought the urge to follow him around like a lost puppy for the remainder of the training. Anyhow, he explained to me all about heather, how it's not a weed, and that Scottish grooms wear it on their lapels to represent love and commitment. Sigh. Luckily, he was old enough to be my father and never once acknowledged the fact that I was a complete mess around him. So polite. It also helped that my adorable husband was waiting for me in the lobby everyday, so his Scottish manliness didn't have a lasting effect.

Sounds like I'm a horrible woman, but I'm not. He was Scottish, therefor I couldn't help it. I just don't know why I couldn't. Any theories?

2 comments:

  1. It's the accent. It's hot. I'm in love with Gerard Butler. If I ever saw him in person I would pull a Borat & try to kidnap him. I hope I won't face too long of a jail sentence when I catch him. hehehe =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the Scottish obsession because of Gerard Butler. I once had a thing with someone who looked SO much like him. *Sigh* Unfortunately he was 12 years my senior and I was barely out of college. The hotness was worth it though! :-)

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...