Wednesday, January 7, 2009

WHAT'S THIS?!

I have inadvertently fallen in love with this place. In part at least.

It's got some really beautiful places, which I will post pictures of at some point. Right now I need to be in the shower and going to pick up the husband person. We're going to the zoo, where I will most likely attempt to set some inadequately caged critter free. Maybe not. Perhaps this zoo is nicer than others. I hope.

My new favorite thing is to smile people to death-or life rather. It's been working too! I have proudly smiled at least 8 people out of their zombie death walks. It really throws their groove off, but I'm okay with that.

The guys are the best, but I have to be careful with them. Too big of a smile and they're starting a conversation. Then I have to quickly mention my husband and watch their little faces drop. Not that there are a ton of interested parties. Just two actually.

Anyhow, I'm surviving at this point. I just avoid the things that make me cry. If I can fix it, then I will. If I can't I'll steer clear. And I fill my time up with a gazillion fun things. Shops around the Moscone Center. All the fun free things. Pretty places to roam around. Parks to picnic in.

I will always be a southern girl I suppose. I like to go to cities, but I'm not sure I'd want to adjust to living in one. I love always having somewhere to go and something to do, but I can do without hiding up on the twelfth floor to escape the sounds of cars and sirens. I need grass and trees, more dirt than asphalt, birds singing and wind blowing to be the predominant sound. Kentucky, Florida and Alabama have spoiled me rotten, I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe! I love you and your smiling assault on people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better quit smiling at boys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ari- Little forced bits of sunshine. I love it and you!

    Matt- I know. I know. :D

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...