Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kisses For The Missis


Despite my semi-strict Must Post Daily rule, I've been on an unintentional mini hiatus. I've managed to stay just busy enough to keep from writing, and I feel majorly guilty! Like my loyal readers are lost without me. Hold yourselves together folks!

I apologize to my faithful few. I heart you.

Now, for this first kiss post.

My first REAL kiss story is probably pretty lame, but I'm okay with that. At 17 I'd had a peck on the cheek or two, but nothing more than that, and nary a boyfriend. On top of being a little afraid of men-having grown up seeing my Mom get knocked around-I have never, and probably will never be good at flirting.

Anyhow, I'm 17 and head over heels for Todd. Yes, the same Todd as my husband person. We had been dating for probably three months before he built up the courage to kiss me. At the rate we went, holding hands and hugging took those first two and a half months.

So, there we were. Standing by his truck in my driveway in the dark. We had already said goodbye and were both just lingering. I knew he wanted to kiss me, and I wanted him to. So I was all looking up at the stars innocently. Waiting.

When he came in for the kill? I freaked. I giggled like an idiot and buried my head in his chest. He kissed the top of my head instead and hugged me. I could tell he wanted to choke me, but it was involuntary. It was cold and we were both shivering and chattering teeth. I hugged him into his truck and he drove home.

The next night, in my room, we sat indian style in the floor. We were playing cards or monopoly or something. He leaned over and kissed me.

We were so cute. That first one was a little awkward, but nice enough to get me hooked. Kisses are my favorite.

8 comments:

  1. Aw! That's such an adorable first kiss! Mine was such a disaster story, so I'm jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw!!! How cute! Much better than my slimy slug tongue dance

    ReplyDelete
  3. the picture was adorable and the story was SO SO sweet!!! What a great first kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome first kiss story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww...

    Mine was also at seventeen, also with the (almost-)husband, and also three months after we'd started "dating."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that story..everytime I think of you giggling at Todd...the awkwardness, the embarrasement...ahhhhh, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Astharis- Lame. Cute. I am glad it wasn't traumatizing.

    Ari- Yes. Much. ^__^

    Stealthnerd- It was pretty nice. I married him so I wouldn't have to share any of them.

    Gnomespeak- Thank you!

    Cody- 3 months is a good pace, I think.

    Texas Belle- Yours was pretty cute too. And all fated and whatnot.

    Madamrasberry- Did you ever tell me your and Jonathan's first kiss story? Sounds like a first blog to me!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...