Monday, January 5, 2009

Fulsom 3rd & Howard


So, San Franshishkabob is alright. It's lots of things. It's pretty. It's ugly. It's a city.

The nice parts of the city rock, but the not-so-nice parts are definitely not my happy place. Our hotel is in the center of a block. Pull out of our parking garage and go left? I'm not depressed. Turn right? I'm done for. For hours.

I just can't handle the whole let's all ignore each other thing. I know it's in the spirit of self preservation and all, but I'm just not used to it. I can not talk myself into treating people like they're not there. Nor can I walk around with a don't talk to me or I'll clock you look on my face and maintain happy. I end up with a bad attitude and in an argument with Todd. It's great.

If I had a super power it would be transparency. I'm still not entirely sure how that would help me save the world, but it's my most attainable supernatural capability.

Solution? Avoid the not-so-nice parts of town filled with people I can't help or communicate with, and cultivate my transparency powers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry there are mean peoples!! Just stay in the "happy" parts of town!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not so much mean as it is hallow. It's really sad. I guess they're just getting by. I'm just a big weenie.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...