Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Furry Stress Reliever

Today has been an exceedingly hectic day, and I am in need of some relaxation. Seriously. Can I go get a pedicure? I've done that one time, and it was pretty calming. Well, until the soaking part was over and the chick started touching my feet, and scraping hide off.

Anyhow, I don't know what to do to unwind. It's after work hours, and I'm just waiting on a call to head out, but I'm seriously uptight at the moment. I wish my cat was here. I could rough his fur all up and force him to take a straightening bath. And he can't just go part of the way. He's in for the long haul. Which means he'd have to wash between his toes meticulously. Which is like a sedative to me for some reason.

It takes like fifteen minutes of him sprawling out his tootsies, cramming his tongue between them, and purring like tomorrow will not be happening. I know it has to taste bad, but the soothingness of it all must outweigh the grodiness(I'm pretty sure that's not a word, and if it were that wouldn't be how you'd spell it).

Did you know cats take comfort baths? I learned that on Cats 101 the other night. They do it to calm themselves. Just like a bubble bath and some candles. Only furrier and it leaves that hiney taste in your mouth. Ick.

I always thought cats were just little furry obsessive compulsive freaks. Guess not.

Wow. That just turned into a post entirely about kitty grooming habits. Unintentional, I assure you.

What do you do to wind down after a stressful day/week/existence?

5 comments:

  1. I play with 'thais...it helps most of the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want a kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ari- there just fuzzy love, I tell you.

    MadamRaspberry- I really want you to have one. Why didn't you take Scout home w/you this time? Not approved yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bubble bath...what could be better than that?

    Oh, and my bubbles smell like margaritas. If I could get a margarita in the tub, THAT might be the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bubble bath and a book. THAT'S also awesome.

    Although, it has sometimes resulted in a crinkly book.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...