Thursday, September 11, 2008

Late As Usual

I have a condition. It's chronic lateness. Seriously. Is there a support group for this? I need help. It doesn't matter what time I go to bed. I can NOT get up on time.

In my sleepy stupor I manage to beat my alarm clock into submission. It stops attempting to wake me, after several attempts on it's little electronic life, and I sweetly drift back into dream land.

This morning Johnny Depp and I were painting a house together. Sort of watching the paint dry, drinking lemonade and listening to Bob Dylan. I know. Sexy dreamer, right? I blame these strangely unsteamy dreams on articles I've read recently. Something about Mr. Depp and a short film on "Watching Paint Dry".

Then Bob, our silky rooster started crowing his head off. He is of course not within reach to clobber. So, I have no choice but to let Johnny watch the paint dry alone.

I was late as usual this fine day, but my coworkers were later! So, my lateness goes unnoticed. Glee!

7 comments:

  1. I've given up on trying to be at work at 8...8:30 is much more reasonable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I have the same condition. It's awful, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear ya - my alarm goes off at 5:40 - i get up at 6:30. Why do I set my alarm so early if I have no intentions at all to get up? I don't even hit snooze 'cuz the alarm is across the room - i just sleep thru it...

    augh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo thankful my job is flexible enough to let me show up whenever. I know I would be late constantly if that wasn't the case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ari- Since when has work got anything to do with reason?!

    Cap'n- We seriously need a support group.

    Matt- Join the club. We meet every Monday and wednesday evening. Don't be late.

    Kelwhy- A sound sleep is a beautiful thing.

    Meg- Blessed, you are. Blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the best--when I get to work, after freaking out about missing the train or whatever and then, 20 or 30 minutes after I get in, my coworkers roll in too.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...