Friday, September 26, 2008

The Snotness Monster

I know. I know. Snot is every one's favorite subject, and it's ladylike to boot. I just thought you might be interested to know that I'm dying a slow and annoying death!!

Around these parts this is lovingly referred to as The Crud. I'm pretty sure I caught it from the little snot-nosed punk that came in my office last week. He insisted that the chick at the court house told him the place he was looking for was my office. I told him who we were, what we did and that I'd never heard of the organization he was looking for. I also offered to let him use my phone book.

Despite the sign in the window and my opposition, he was certain he was in the right place. Dude refused to look up the place he needed and just kept talking. Like perhaps he thought I would magically morph into this mythical agency he sought, and would solve all his problems with my magic wand. Ugh.

So, here I am. It's a beautiful seventy-seven degrees outside, and my nose is running. Sniff. Cough. Sigh.

On the brighter side, this will be a wonderful weekend. The best friend is coming down from Michigan. We're going to a wedding in Tennessee on Sunday. Snot or no snot, I'm going to have an awesome time. I'm determined.

Have a great weekend Internet people. I love you, even if Todd does make fun of me for my "virtual" relationships. You are real. I do believe. I do believe.

7 comments:

  1. Uck. I hate being sick.

    But, to paraphrase the 'How I Met Your Mother' quote that resulted in my blog name... you're not sick, your nose is just overflowing with awesome, and you have to get some of it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better, have fun, and ignore your husband. Bloggy friends rock.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i gave up in trying to convince mark that internet friends are real....

    Hope you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  4. eww, good luck getting over the death. no good comes from the stuffy nose!

    ReplyDelete
  5. if it weren't for my internet friends i wouldn't have any friends.

    well, kinda...
    non-bloggers just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Knock knock...

    whos there?

    Snot.

    Snot who?

    Snot Matt, thats for sure.


    okokok...shit that was bad wasnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cody- Awesome overload sounds so much better than snott overload.

    Cap'n- Thanks, and you people do rock.

    Ari- I'm part of both worlds..what's he say about that?!

    Stealth- Amen

    Kelwhy- Frustrating isn't it?

    Matt- I kinda liked it.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...