Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Beee-Yoooo-Tee-Ful

The glorious and wonderful Ari, over at The Happy Cactus, gave me a beautiful blogger award! Thank you, my little prickly pear. She and I have been pretty much attached at the hip for about...eight years now? Ari, am I lying? We met when we were fourteen, but reunited in college. It was awesome. I think it's been about eight years. *oldness encroaching*

Long story short, she has to say I'm beautiful. I know where she lives. ^_^

The Rules (You'd better pay attention. You could be next. *ba ba ba bum*)

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the award and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Tell us seven interesting things about yo'self.
5. Nominate seven beee-yoooo-tee-ful bloggers.
6. Post links to your seven nominees.
7. Be bothered by the fact that there isn't another rule to go along with the whole seven theme.

Seven possibly interesting/quirky things about me that I may or may not have already blogged about:

1. My favorite smell is puppy breath. I don't care how much it smells like bologna and soured milk, or how many people say it's gross. It. Is. Love.

2. I'm a nonalcoholic lush. A black hole for liquids, if you will. It's awesome.

3. If I could be any animal it'd be an otter. This is just one reason why. Other reasons? They're monogamous. Huge fan of that. They play for a living, are really smart, successfully bully alligators and hold hands while sleeping. Otters FTW!

4. My dream is to write and illustrate children's books, and this year I will complete and submit one for publishing. Editing first? I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it. It's never stopped me before.

5. I'm a pet name snob. The soul mate informed me of this a while back. I do kind of feel sorry for critters with uninteresting names. I'm not talking critters with people names either. Those can be awesome, if used wisely.

6. Something about John Mayer makes me want to hurt his feelings. I feel guilty about this.

7. Shawshank Redemption is my favorite movie, and I watch it lot. Like a whole heck of a lot. Like I'm not going to tell you how much a lot is because you'll call someone to come lock me up.

I don't know if these things make me beautiful or not, but they make me me.

And the beee-yoooo-tee-ful nominees are...
1. Chelsea Talks Smack
2. Curious Illusion
3. Whimsy Love
4. The Paraplegic Chef
5. Girl Anachronism
6. The Odd Duckling
7. Peter DeWolf

What? Boys can be beautiful, too. I think these boys are prettier than other boys. They have these neat things called feelings, and they're still masculine. Don't believe me? Go check 'em out.

Now, if blog awards aren't your cup of tea, or you've already been given this, or one of a gazillion other awards, I will not be offended if you don't pass it on. You're just beautiful, inside and out. That is all.

I apologize for my misuse of commas. It's an issue. Really.

3 comments:

  1. eeeek, i love awards. Thank you sister!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it has been 8 years hasn't it?! Wow. I feel old now . . .

    I want to hurt John Mayer's feelings too! I'll help you! We can go and heckle him while he's eating lunch or something . . .

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...