Monday, July 13, 2009

Shuffle

My dear Ariana ganked this last week, and now it's my turn. Here's how it works.

Step 1: Put your iPod/MP3 player/whatever glorious musical device you've got on random.

Step 2: Post the first line from the first 20 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.

Step 3: Let folks guess what song and artist the lines come from.

Step 4: Post the song info after they've had their chance.

Step 5: Give them some incentive.

Okay. I hereby state that googling or researching in any form or fashion is cheating, and will be met with swift and certain death. ^_^ Oh, and whoever guesses first/the most will get a prize. Some handmade goodness to cuddle or gift.

1. You know my name.

2. Long as I remember the rain been coming down.

3. Her Majesty's a pretty nice girl, but she doesn't have a lot to say.

4. I watched you change into a fly.

5. Cuttin' through the corn field, I've got my row picked out.

6. Is this the new year, or just another night?

7. Load up on guns. Bring your friends.

8. If you ever need a friend in me...

9. My new clay sculpture was taken home by an art vulture whose soul had been sold.

10. Oh...20 shades of green.

11. Hey. How's it going today?

12. Twas Halloween and the ghosts were out...

13. What's this?!

14. Where do you go when it gets dark, and is there room for me there?

15. Are you waiting for me at the end of the airport?

16. I'm walking down the southern stream...

17. Polly wants a cracker.

18. Up the hill past 694 at the stone wall make a left.

19. This is my time. This is my tale.

20. Five fleas band together against all odds to form a new company.

Bonus: A cold and wet November dawn, and there are no barking sparrows.

Okay bloggers, get to it! I've got a bit of handmade goodness to send the winner! ^_^

Oh, and I made a new owlie (not your bit of handmade goodness) with a 3-dimensional beak.
Not sure what I think of it. A little too Frosty the Snowman carrot nose-ish? What say you?

6 comments:

  1. Well the bonus is "Chutes too Narrow" by the Shins. I'm thinking on the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to admit that I suck at this. But I do think number 13 is What's This? from Nightmare Before Christmas. I could be totally wrong, but it's all I think of when I read that!

    Your owl is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apollo- The name of the song. Not the album. :P

    Shannon- I love you anyway, and you are right! Thank you. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the owl!!! But I tend to have odd taste in things... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 17, 2009

    The owl is cute! I love owls!

    Wow I don't know any of the songs. Not a one. okay the first one kind of reminded me of the Ting Ting's "That's Not My Name" song but that can't be it...

    Oh and btw, nice to meet you! :o) Thanks for commenting on my blog.. I added yours to my google reader. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 28, 2009

    ok.... here's my try:
    2. Who'll Stop the Rain, CCR
    3. Her Majesty, the Beatles
    4. Change (House of Flies), Deftones
    13. What's This? Nightmare Before Christmas (but Shannon already got that one).

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...