Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Prestige

Alright folks. How the heck are ya?! I dropped off the planet (out of the state rather) for a while, but now I've returned and think it's time for a comeback.

Had a great time in Michigan and Indiana. We spent some much needed time away from work, with friends, family and at the beach. Any of you blessed enough to have already seen the documentation of such on Facebook, I hereby apologize for any photos of me in swimwear. I can assure you all pictures were taken against my will, and I am seeking retribution.

Where were we? Oh yes. I left you last with a shuffle of obviously unpopular music. :P You're all very sweet for commenting, even if you didn't know the music. I tend to listen to a pretty wide range of musical goodness. So, can't say's I blame you for not recognizing too much.

So, without further adieu, here are the song titles and artists that you all need to be familiarizing yourselves with.

1. You Know My Name by The Beatles
2. Who'll Stop The Rain by Creedence Clearwater Revival
3. Her Majesty by The Beatles
4. Change by Muse
5. The Places We Lived by Backyard Tire Fire
6. The Blues by Switchfoot
7. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
8. Colonial Boy by Devin Townsend
9. Joseph Campbell by Warm In The Wake
10. Jack & The Water Buffalo by Head of Femur
11. Say "Hey" ( I love you) by Michael Frantee and Spearhead
12. My Dear Country by Norah Jones
13. What's This by Danny Elfman
14. Miracle Sun by Anthony Green
15. The Smell of Pajamas by Animal Collective
16. You're A Wolf by Sea Wolf
17. Polly by Nirvana
18. We Are Real by Silver Jews
19. By The Way by Red Hot Chili Peppers
20. Five Fleas by Rasputina
Bonus: Young Pilgrims by The Shins

Oh! None other than the lovely Ari will be receiving a bit of handmade goodness for getting the most right answers.

I like this giving away prizes thing. I'll have to come up with ways to do it more often. Maybe once I get more on MadShiny (my Etsy shop) I can give things away monthly!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you had a great trip! Mucho catching up must be done! Its amazing how if a few short days how your life can really turn for the ridiculously better! I soooooo owe you a trip to church!!

    Glad you got back safe!
    -mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 29, 2009

    Can I just say I LOVE CCR! So hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark- We did have a great trip! Thank you. And catch up, we shall! Just let me know when, or I'll just keep inviting you. ^_^

    SleepyJane- You may! ♥

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...