Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Moles Were Harmed

Alright. I am now officially an Ari poser. The semi-thorough, not-so-damning evidence is as follows: Ari created and introduced me to her blog spot. I created a blog spot. She loves Johnny Depp. I love Johnny Depp. Although, being two months older, I technically loved him first.

Moving right along. She has a moleskine(sounds like mole skin), and ta da! I have my very own moleskine. It's absolutely marvelous!


I realize that, to the untrained eye, this appears to be just a tiny notebook. However, this little guy, or his relatives rather, have interesting pasts. Interesting pasts are defining, no? Therefore, following my logic here, it is not merely a notebook, but a moleskine.

These notebooks have been the trusty little sidekicks of European artists and smarty pantses for the past 200 years. Van Gogh, Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, you know the types. Nut jobs and great thinkers. Even Indiana Jones had one!^__^

They were designed to hold sketches, stories, notes, and ideas to be kept close by for alteration/inspiration. Besides, they're handmade and cute to boot. It's a little handheld blog, right? I love it!

Thanks for letting me thumb through yours, Ariana. I'll assure mine stays nice and neat by sharing some entries now and again. I've only just begun(isn't that a crappy 80's song?), but it's not nearly as intimidating as a large blank sketch book/journal.

Here are my only entries thus far...



Nothing painterly yet, I know. I'm conjuring up some ideas for a few new paintings. For now it's just some doodling/illustration of thought. I love my Klimt rip-offs. I was thinking about death, I couldn't help it!

2 comments:

  1. hehehe! I love it! now I gotta post pictures of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post your red robot one!!! I♥HIM.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...