Friday, August 1, 2008

Shoo-in (yep, that's how you spell it)

It might be safe to claim that I am slightly obsessed with films. Might be. It doesn't interfere with my daily life or anything. Just my Saturday nights.

Upon discovering interesting information about Johnny Depp in or out of(?)correlation to Tim Burton, I will do some research.

So, I read that(and this could be completely ridiculous)Johnny Depp is being considered for the next Batman movie. For what character, you plead? Who else! The Riddler. I salivate at the thought.

May I state, for the record, that I do not just admire and love this complete stranger because he's gorgeous. He is my favorite actor/artist. I think he's the epitome of an artist(actor, painter, etc.) He's lumped in my favorite male actor group with Sidney Portier, Kevin Spacey, Morgan Freeman and Tim Robins. Depp is obviously the looker of the bunch, but still worthy of sharing company with my other favorites.

Not that I have some can't-be-hot rule for my favorites. I'm just defending myself to you folks out there that might assume a female such as myself may be horribly hormonal and going on estrogen alone. Not so, I say.

Anyhow! Blah. Blah. Blah. Right?

That's not all. Then I read that Tim Burton has been working on a version of Alice in Wonderland! How perfect?! It only makes sense! I realize I'm far too excited about this! I mean, the guy IS the modern, obviously less creepy(as in not a child molester) Lewis Carol.

Alice in Wonderland is my favorite childhood movie(yes, the screwed up Disney version). I went through this phase with it when I was little. I had to watch it every day after school. I know like every word by heart. Yes, I was a neurotic child, but I was a happy. So, it was ok.

So, who's a shoo-in for the Mad Hatter! Oh, Johnny?! I am so excited to find out if this is actually true. It's supposedly coming out in 2010.

Obsessed? Quite.

4 comments:

  1. 'Twas brilling and the slithy toves....

    I can't wait! but then again...I'm obsessed too

    ReplyDelete
  2. did gyre and gimble in the wabe.

    You might have made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He would be an AWESOME riddler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the Mome Wraths outgrabe...

    Ari- That's why our love endures, you know?

    Captain Steve- I hope so.

    Matt- Don't I know it?!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...