Monday, June 16, 2008

Things I Do Entirely Too Much

I have recently taken inventory of a few things I seem to be obsessed with. A seemingly healthy idea, unless you start getting neurotic over that too. ^__^

A.) WASHING HANDS

I wash my hands WHENEVER there is a sink available, and I'm not talking a quick rendezvous with the soap-wham bam thank you ma'am. I mean-surgical scrub! Seriously. Example: Waiting in the doctor/dentist's office, I silently excuse myself to the restroom, ONLY TO WASH MY HANDS! No powdering!!! ONLY WASHING!!! Now, I don't do this repeatedly mind you. If it is o.c.d., it's a mild case...right?

B.) DISINFECTING

Every time I visit the little girls' room at my office, I Lysol the joint. I don't mean just the necessary germ-killing deeds. I have to spray the door knob, toilet paper dispenser, light switch, sink and garbage can. E-V-E-R-Y-T-I-M-E!! Is that "normal" ???

I think that's all the dysfunction I shall share today. Toodle-pip!

2 comments:

  1. Well at least you obsessive compulse over good things...clean things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 16, 2008

    i was told when I was little that "you have to eat a peck of dirt before you die" - and I took it quite seriously....eating handfuls of dirt. So I guess I'm just the oposite of you (for once!) - whatever doesn't kill you just makes you(r) (immune system) stronger!!!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...