Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Not The Same...Is It?


Why is it that I find it perfectly harmless for a woman to be blown completely away by the overwhelmingly good looks of say, Christian Bale or Johnny Depp (to the point of sighing), yet I feel morally justified in raking my husband over hot coals for even looking like he might enjoy a shot of Angelina Jolie-Pitt? Mind you, I don't. I just feel like it.

I know it's only natural to be stunned by the ridiculous aesthetic goodness of some members of the opposite sex, but is it less sexual when a woman does it? I believe it is. What do you think?

In my understanding of men-they are a lot more visual than women. Therefore-when I drool over Johnny Depp-it's because of his voice, eyes and oh my goodness he's just so gloriously quirky and Byronic. I'm not undressing him with my eyes, nor am I thinking about anything I shouldn't be, as a happily married woman. Men, on the other hand, don't even HAVE to bother with undressing the women in the media, because they're usually practically naked already!

Is that what bugs me? Is it what bugs you? Am I the only one feeling the confusion and insecurities drudged up by this subject? It's the same, but it isn't. Arrgghh.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJune 18, 2008

    I'm just gonna sit and stare at that picture. You may not be undressing him with your eyes...but I may be....just sayin'!

    Like Mark told me when we started dating - modesty is a good thing - if you give away all of the information then your imagination has nothing to look forward to. OK - maybe he didn't say exactly that - I paraphrased/interpreted....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now-I'm not saying that undressing him is a BAD idea.

    I had a crazy English teacher in high school that always said, "An essay should be like a girls skirt. Long enough to cover the subject, but short enough to keep you interested."

    ^__^

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...