Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Donnie Darko

I watched Donnie Darko last night. Many of my friends had been hounding me to see it, and they were all right. I loved it! It was really smart, kind of twisted, full of all the foreshadowing and symbolism I love.

Jake Gyllenhaal can really pull off the whole mentally divergent/intuitive/hand of God thing, and make it look good. It had a little much teenage boy lingo for my taste, but I guess it was called for. The main character is a teenage boy, and they're all potty brains.

So, it was awesome. It's still got me thinking. I might get it all now. I want to watch it again, to see if I caught everything. I can safely say I will never fly on an airline called Red Eye, and if Patrick Swayze starts getting all motivational speaker on me-I'm calling the cops!

1 comment:

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...