Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time. Oh dear.

My best friend is getting married this Sunday. I would call her "soul mate" if she and I hadn't received so many awkward stares when using this terminology. Mind you, we're both completely heterosexual/non homophobic gals. We love our significant others. I my husband, and she her fiance. She and I are just soul mates. Plain and simple. God lead our two completely opposite lives together. We were predestined to meet and help one another become the people we are today. *dismount soap box*

Ahem. My soul mate is getting married this Sunday. Needless to say, there is much to be done. As the artist friend I have been given the fun tasks like making a personalized cake topper and guest book. Only two things, right? Yeah, right. Two things that take an ample amount of time to complete for a non-procrastinator. Who do you think we're dealing with here? I'm an artist!

I've got the cake topper finished, and it turned out pretty well.


The guest book won't take long. I just have to sit down and do it. Some nice textured water color paper, fabric and rubber cement and we're good.

Now, their wedding present is another story. Their gift will be a rather large painting. I have the semi-ginormous canvas. I have paint and all the necessary supplies. I've even got the whole conceptual/sketched part pretty much done. Now comes the fun part. Finishing said painting in less than 48 hours. I'm very excited about the whole thing, but afraid I won't get it done. In theory, it should be awesome. Wish me luck.

I'll post pics of it all when I finish. Note the positive thinking. ^__^

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 15, 2008

    they turned out wonderful!!! tell jodi and jonathan that mark and i say "Congrats!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, thats what im sayin...

    congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should tell some jerk uncle that the cake toppers are edible, then when he bites down? ..Do long tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ari- thank you ma'am. I shall

    Mark-^_^

    Dr. Zibbs- A few unpleasant uncles will most likely be present. Might not be a bad idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the term for you and your friend would be kindred spirits, like in Anne of Green Gables. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. bluej- That's a nice term too, and I love Anne of Green Gables, but I don't think it covers it.

    Soulmate (or soul mate) is a term sometimes used to designate someone with whom one has a feeling of deep and natural affinity, friendship, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality and/or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul – which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate, the one and only other half of one's soul, for which all souls are driven to find and join.

    We're soul mates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So what is the painting of???

    I wanna see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cake toppers are really fun!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...