Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sex Bob-omb!

image credit
I know I'm a little late on this whole Scott Pilgrim vs. the World thing, but my, my, my. It was fan-tas-tic. My dear cohort, Ari, and I can assure you all that it was well worth the wait.

Bryan Lee O'Malley and Edgar Wright are totally my heroes. How can you go wrong with a comic turned action romantic comedy with an amazing cast, soundtrack and chocked full of pop culture references? You just can't.

Did I mention the amazing soundtrack?! Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, Beck, Metric, Broken Social Scene, Cornelius, Dan the Automator, Kid Koala, and David Campbell all had their glorious hands in it, and it totally made the movie. Must. Have. Immediately.

Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is one of the most creative/quirky films I've seen in years. If you were at any point in time an overly dramatic, angst-ridden, insecure teen that had a crush, dated, got dumped, played video games, listened to music, played in a band, loathed sell outs or swallowed your gum and worried about it's seven year exodus through your intestines...then Scott Pilgrim is for you. It's. Your. Life.

P.S.
My little camping trip into the NC wilderness screwed up the whole NaBloPoMo thing, but I'll still be posting predominantly about various artsy things this month, so come back, m'kay?

3 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVED that movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really excited about reading the graphic novels and the soundtrack!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HISdaughter- It's completely and utterly fantastic, isn't it? I cracked up the entire movie. We can relate to absolutely everything, and I love that.

    Ari- I can't wait to get my hands on them. Maybe I can stop obsessing over Harry Potter for a while.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...