Wednesday, December 16, 2009

We're All Mad Here II

I know I've raved about this before, but I simply must to do it again. With the newest trailer.

Feast your eyes, folks.


Burton never ceases to amaze me. Ever. I just love his brain! Amidst all the dark and twisted, there always lies simple truth and beauty. A purity. A resilience. At least I think so.

Whether it be my paintings of children and animals, doodles of creeptastic creatures, haikus or other poems and stories, that's always been something I've striven to convey. Ever since I was a kid. Resiliency, which I believe is synonymous with hope, is a good thing. Maybe the best of things.

I guess that's why I adore the work of people like Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Stephen King, Wes Anderson, and Roald Dahl. I think I can really relate to how they see the world, or how I perceive that they see the world. I guess it's more that I see things that I believe in their work, whether they intended it that way or not.

We are all silly creatures, living lives of nonsense, when there is truth to be had. And I believe the things we hold so dear are bits and pieces of that truth.

Ahem...can't wait for this movie to come out!

4 comments:

  1. i've been hanging on the edge of my seat! yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo Oooo Ooo YEAH!! Ohh Thank you for posting this!! I didn't know a better trailer was even out! Can't wait!!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls, I don't know if we'll make it to March.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think I even need to say it - but we are so seeing this on opening day!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...