Monday, April 6, 2009

"Spare" Time

Whenever anyone asks me how I'm doing I say, "Crazy busy, but good". There's just no other way to describe it. Life is good, but there just never seems to be enough time.

As an artist with a full time job, I squeeze all my creating into my "spare" time. This means I don't exactly get things done at a normal speed. It takes me days of working in tiny increments to get a normal project done.

I don't miss school very much, but I miss studio time. Nowadays it seems like no matter where I am, or what I'm doing, there's something somewhere else that needs my attention. Sort of like right now.

So, off for another tiny increment.

*love this clock; found at Paris Hotel Boutique.

8 comments:

  1. That is a cute clock. Having a time-consuming hobby that you enjoy seems like it'd be cool but man I really enjoy a good laze. I don't much like feeling hurried.

    I guess for you art is more than a hobby, though. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen sister. And adorable clock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way sometimes. Granted, I am not in my backyard spraying Kilz over everything like you... I just feel like there's not enough time in the day for me to get shit done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry if I rambled a bit there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! Preach it! We live our lives like incredibly motivated hamsters stuck in plastic balls. . .or maybe that's just me. . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always say that too! "Busy, but good."
    Love the clock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Apollo - It's a little more like OXYGEN. :P

    Shannon - I know, right?!

    Matt - Oh, the benefits of tweeting your not so interesting life. ^_^ There isn't enough time, and rambling is always welcome.

    Ari - Let me get my BALL!!

    Michelle Woo - It's a good motto...sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Matt - By that comment...I mean MY not so interesting life...what with the Kilz and all. Just wanted to clarify.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...