Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wacky World of Weddings

I understand that not knowing these people has the potential of making this an extremely boring post. So, I'm sticking with pretty pictures and staying brief.

Cake toppers in action. See the maimed icing? An overly helpful uncle mangled the cake while "assisting" with set-up. We are forever thankful.And the actual lovely couple. Aren't they cute/incredibly nervous looking?The highlight of the wedding was this little ham. She emptied the entire contents of her little white basket into one spot, wore said basket on her head, and stole the show. That's what flower girls are for, right?
Oh, and of course the sorta little sister and I had to document our roll in the event. Being cute and smiling.Congratulations Leah and Devin! You survived being bubbled. ^__^

14 comments:

  1. weddings make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of you and Kayla is crazy cute. btw, I've been trying to leave comments on your other blogs and it hasn't worked, so just imagine nice comments on them from yours truly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww cute. What an adorable flower girl. The last time I was at a wedding, the flower girl and ring boy had not practiced with the runner and thought they weren't supposed to walk on it. They edged along the side on the small amount of carpet between the pews and the runner that was open to them all the way up to the front. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon- I actually don't like weddings all that much, but there are some definite perks.

    MadamRaspberry- Imaginary thank you's for the imaginary nice comments. Thanks for the actual ones too. ^_^

    Stephanie- Oh-that's priceless. I can just see it. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little people are even cuter after seeing the real couple - you captured them well! :)

    (Am I just getting really old or do they look SO young?! *haha*)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ari- Aren't they? Leah cried sooo much, and I was afraid Devin would pass out. Seriously. They were beyond cute.

    Sarah- Yay! Thanks so much. I kept thinking the groom looked like a Beatle, which I guess isn't too far off from the real thing. :P

    (You're not getting old. She's 19 and he's 22. That IS young.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now for the important question: how was the reception? I hope people got schnockered and danced like idiots. That is, after all, what weddings are really about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apollo- It was nice and simple.

    Nah. No schnockering. I do wish there had been idiot dancing.

    I think I may have busted a move a time or two. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess it'll have to. No eating schnitzel, no getting schnockered.... what type of schnit are you trying to pull?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nonalcoholic, vegetarian schnit, man. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cake toppers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I love the red and white theme of it all! It looks so nice on everybody! O_O I want that tiara!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...