Sunday, November 23, 2008

Early Thanksgiving


Today is early Thanksgiving at the in-law's! If I sound excited it's because I am. Going there this weekend will make next week less hectic. Plus, I'm making yummy cookies and my twin nephews will be there.

It's always surprising to me how sweet two thirteen year old boys can manage to be. When they aren't trying to kill each other, that is. Levi and Logan are the best and we just adore each other. They're like day and night, too(See below). It's like psychology class just hanging out with them. I love it!

Todd and I are quite the hot commodity during this season. At least, that's the way I prefer to see it. Otherwise I'd get overwhelmed and lose my mind. I'd probably lose my mind anyhow, if it weren't for kids. Thank goodness they're practically everywhere. We have to be at five or six different places for every special occasion.

Most holidays we visit: my mom and step dad, his mom and step dad, his dad and step mom, our best friend's parents and her grandmother(a.k.a. Maw-Maw). It can definitely get hectic, but we are grateful. I can't imagine the holidays without them.

So, yay for cookies! Yay for nephews, and yay for early Thanksgiving celebrations! Yay! ^__^

3 comments:

  1. For almost every holiday...we just visit my parents/brother, and then his mom/brother... and more or less refuse to go anywhere else. I feel surprisingly little guilt over this...

    My family just isn't as big on gathering together for every holiday/birthday/whatever as his is... which makes it a little hard for me to understand what the big deal is, I guess. I don't even remember the last time I saw my paternal grandmother... but, all hell breaks loose if we miss one of many, many events on his side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but, yay! Thanksgiving!

    It's always been my favorite holiday, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...