Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Plastic Sunshine

Here's a sneak peak at my latest painting. Before you ask, it's a chinchilla. I don't know what I think yet. I never really know what I think until I've finished. Things tend to change so much during the painting process, I just can't be too sure.

I'm not positive about keeping the retro sunshine. It's my favorite, but a friend of mine was recently struck with the idea of reviving it too. We both had paintings in the process before we knew the others' plans. So, I'm struggling with whether I should keep it or not. Great minds think alike, right? What do you think?

As an artist, I constantly struggle with insecurities about my work. I wonder if I'll ever just be able to paint for a living. It's all I can think about sometimes. Today hasn't been all that productive for me, because all I want to do is go home and paint!

Oh. Complete change in subject. Perhaps I've mentioned the fact that my husband person is a car enthusiast, and that he ropes me into learning car terminology and all that jazz. I've learned bunches of stuff because it's his hobby/interest. It also helps when he sends me crap like this.

Don't get me wrong. I like cars. I even go as far as to say I love old muscle cars. I enjoy off-roading in my Jeep, but this is where I draw my little silent invisible line. On my own time, I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than read about this thing, and I have been shot in the foot before(pellet gun).

I am a good wife. ^__^

3 comments:

  1. But what is the chinchilla looking at??

    that is the real question here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep the rays of glory. i like them and they're different than the ones your "friend" is doing...his look like a japanese flag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt- True. You should buy my painting and wonder indefinitely. ^__^

    Ari- I think I will. You're right.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...