Saturday, June 26, 2010

Take The Cake

The always sincere Melanie gave me a Happy Award a while back, and I truly appreciate it. Seriously, Mel. *mwah*

I'm tellin' ya, I'm just amazed at how many awesome people I've met through blogging, some actually and some figuratively. Communication and relationships have always enthralled me, but you guys take the cake.


Okay, the deal is, if you don't already know, anyone given this particular award has to list ten things that make them happy. Then they get to pass it along to up to ten other bloggers. Here goes some of my happies...

1. Certain smells and sounds bring me a lot of joy. My absolute favorites? Puppy breath, wiggles and grunts.

2. Campfires thrill my soul from start to finish. They have a life of their own, and mesmerize me.

3. Driving along country roads with no apparent destination, windows down, playing in the wind.

4. Silkie chicken hineys. They're just so darn fluffy.

5. Answered prayers, and just knowing God is there, beyond a shadow of a doubt.

6. Night swimming makes me feel really, really alive.

7. Lightning bugs are magic, and make me feel like a little girl with no worries. I heart bioluminescence.

8. Pinwheels have always brought me joy. I mean, what kid doesn't love a shiny, blowy pinwheel? As an adult (of sorts), I love how they show evidence of something unseen.

9. Family resemblances have probably been mentioned here on Mimsy before, but they're worth mentioning again. My family may not be the closest, and I may not know my father very well, but I look like him. When I look in the mirror, I feel like I belong.

10. Otters holding hands. 'Nough said.

Now, for passing this thing on...I'm not going to choose ten bloggers, though I can definitely think of ten of you that make me happy. Today, I'm sticking with several lovely ladies that I've just realized have quite a few things in common.
Shannon - Shannon & her HB may not live next door, and I may have only met them once, but I simply adore them. We share a love for life that pretty much links you instantly. Thank you, Shannon, for being YOU, and for making my blog so incredibly ME. I love it, and you. Can't wait to see you guys again.

Ari - I don't even know where to start with this one. For anyone who doesn't know, we met when we were fourteen, at a mutual friend's birthday bash. We lost touch for a few years, met again in college, and have been pretty much inseparable ever since. She's my creative partner in crime, and we're seriously thick as thieves. We share so much of our lives, and I don't know (or want to know) what I would do without her. Love you, my little prickly pear!

HisDaughter - This little lady amazes me in lots of ways, especially with her mad mommy skillz. I've only met her a couple times now, but I know she's making a difference in people's lives everyday. She's refreshing and alive, and I just smile thinking of her. We have to hang out soon, lovely lady!

Madam Rasberry - I've talked about the soul mateness before here, in case anyone gets confused. She's my soul mate, and my oldest friend. We are part of each other, and just the thought of her makes me...all kinds of emotions, and happy is definitely in there. I love you, friend.

I may love them for different reasons, but they're all A-dorable, loving, sincere, bright, creative (Yes, Jodi, you are creative.), fun, and madly in love with their canine counterparts (Again, Jodi, Dixie counts for you.). Didn't know you had so much in common, did you? Hmmm...I think I may have inadvertently discovered the secret to making me adore someone...

4 comments:

  1. Congtrats on the award Heather, you definitely deserve it. You're awesome! (So is Mel).

    Shannon is one of the absolutely sweetest people I've ever met here. I can't think of anything I don't like about her. She's incredibly easy to talk to and I'd trust her with my life.

    Ari...is intoxicatingly interesting, the kind of person I want to know everything about. She's one of the coolest, most open-minded people I've met (on or off these blogs). It seems I can tell her anything and she'll understand.

    Love all three of you! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 28, 2010

    "I heart bioluminescence" Best. Line. Ever!!

    You two are too sweet!!! Seriously blushing over here! I love you too my electronic siamese twin!! Here's to Shiny Mad Cactus Studios!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shiny Mad Cactus FTW! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, thanks! My heart is all big and fluffy now :)

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...