Friday, February 12, 2010

Brendan ♥s Kate

Today was a busy, busy day. I worked in a frenzy as it snowed like crazy outside my office window. I'd peak out between phone calls and reports to see the court house lawn getting whiter and whiter. I successfully fought the urge to go play in it, until it was time to go home. At which point, I crunched up the back steps to my Jeep, with my head back and mouth wide open for maximum snowflake consumption. It was glorious.

In the midst of my busy morning I received a link from my dear prickly pear, Ari (Wha? The girl loves cacti, and I love pet names.). What was this link, you ask? It was a post by Stevie, about an awesome, unstoppable man named Brendan and the girl with whom he fell in love.

While deployed in Iraq last year, Brendan's unit received a terrible blow. Some men were lost, while others were seriously wounded. Brendan suffered injuries to his head and face, and he lost both of his arms and legs. He's the only quadruple amputee to survive a major American war.

Currently, Brendan is doing physical and occupational therapy at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he met Kate...
Sounds like an amazing guy, right? You wanna know the rest of the story, right? Please go read it HERE (it's short and sweet, I promise). They've entered Crate & Barrel's Ultimate Wedding Contest to win the wedding of their dreams, and they need YOU to go vote for them.

We've got 6 weeks and 5 days to make this happen, and there's competition, folks. Let's do this, shall we? We're The Internet. We can so make this happen!

P to the S: Go now! Tell your family, friends and coworkers. Blog about it. Tweet about it. Go!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your sweet comment on my guest post at Barry's a little while ago. :)

    I love your blog! This post is so sweet and made me tear up. What a lovely couple. I'm definitely going to vote for them!

    I hope you have a fantastic Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted!! Oh yes, and THANK YOU FOR THE HEDGIE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a story. Off to go read more and vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer- Hi Jen! Thanks so much for voting. You too!

    Shannon- Thank you, Shannon! You're welcome!

    Ari- Vote away, young woman. Vote away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, e-mail me your info ASAP and I'll include you. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...