Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sweeter Than Bee Pollen

Watercolor illustration prints available by request at Mad Shiny Shoppe!
Earlier this year, I found myself feeling like someone came and wrenched every last drop of honey from my happy little hive. That someone was my now ex-boss, whom I often refer to as "She Who Must Not Be Named." With her verbal and emotional abuse, she was pretty much a nightmare, and that's coming from someone who can get along with just about anyone.

When I graduated college, I had no idea how to apply my studio art/art history degree. A friend's father offered me a job making art with homeless and at-risk youth, so I jumped on the opportunity. I absolutely loved that position, but funding was cut the next year. I was bumped into a couple neighboring positions, and just counted myself lucky to have a job.

To cut a long story short, I stayed with that agency for six excruciating years, before I'd had too much of She Who Must Not Be Named's tormenting. I'm currently working as an artist/author from my humble home, and it's good great dripping with awesome. Quitting was terribly frightening, and things haven't exactly been perfect, but this new beginning is definitely sweet.

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you for taking the leap, Heather! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! And so terribly terribly jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. B - Thanks. :)

    Ari - Poor, but happy. It's something I'm willing to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing and wonderful and everything you do, no matter what u do, will be and is always awesome. Not everyone says it, but they all think it. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica - You're the sweetest, and I love you. ^_^ I think everything you make is awesome, too, especially your munchkins. <3

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...