Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Year End Survey

1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before? Went whitewater rafting and kayaking.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?  I've never been one for new year's resolutions, but I did set the goal of illustrating a children's book in 2010. Turns out I made the deal to illustrate another person's children's book in 2010, and I'm illustrating it this year.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Nope, but they're all pregnant now. My sister, my best friend and her little sister. It's a conspiracy to make me want to have a baby, but it won't work.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no.

5. What countries did you visit? None this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010? The means to work from home. I want to make enough money via art to quit my day job. I don't wanna be rich. I just want to get by doing what I love.

7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The entire year has been pretty memorable. I made new friends, got reacquainted with old ones, and my husband and I went on lots of adventures.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? It's a toss up between making an illustration deal, and surviving going down a river in a boat by myself.

9. What was your biggest failure? I quit my current job for one that paid more. I thought I'd like it, but ended up freaking out, and quitting to come back to this one. I hate that it happened at all.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I have a weaselly immune system, so I get tonsillitis a lot, but I wouldn't call that illness. I also found out the panic attacks I've been having all my life aren't panic attacks at all, but a severely erratic heartbeat.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My Kimchi Kitty's life. He was dying, but we were able to pay the vet to find out what was the matter, and save him. ♥


12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My mother in law.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My sister in law. Her decisions for herself make my heart hurt.

14. Where did most of your money go? Into having a home, and vehicles to drive to work.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Seeing Andrew Bird and St. Vincent in concert.

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010? "Too Afraid to Love You" by The Black Keys, and "Friends" by Band of Skulls.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
 a) happier or sadder? 
b) thinner or fatter? 
c) richer or poorer? Happier! ^_^ Fatter. :( Richer-just not monetarily.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Changing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With friends and family.

21. Did you fall in love in 2010? I've been in love for the last 11 years. Wow.


22. What was your favorite TV program? True Blood. It's my dirty secret, and I often hide my eyes.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone. I just prefer not to think of some people.

24. What was the best book you read? A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? The Black Keys' new album.


26. What did you want and get? My kitchen remodel. 
 

27. What did you want and not get? All my debts paid, but we're working on it.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? True Grit.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28 in 2010, and I can't remember what I did. I'm sure it was wonderful, though. My husband always does something sweet.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not having such an awkward relationship with my dad, but I think it's getting better...

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010? Cute and comfy.

32. What kept you sane? God. My husband. Art. Music. In that order.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? I pretty much always fancy... 

Johnny Depp...
image credit


Russell Crowe...
image credit
and Sam Worthington.
image credit
 34. What political issue stirred you the most? I hate politics. Let's not talk about it, m'kay?

35. Who did you miss? My dad.

36. Who was the best new person you met? All my new friends are pretty amazing, if you ask me.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010. The same lesson I learn everyday- God is love.


38. What do you want to happen in 2011? 2011 will be the year of paying off credit cards & such. The year of FREEDOM!

Thanks to the lovely Melanie for this survey.

2 comments:

  1. We're gonna dominate 2011!

    Also, I'm in love with the Black Keys album too . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. #38 got me. Yep- freedom finally. I'm moving Saturday- you have to come see this place!!!
    2 fireplaces, hardwoods, 9 ft ceilings, BRAND new kitchen, walk in closets, and built in 1915!!!!!

    Ill cook for you and Todd!! Here's to 2011 being full of freedom and awesomeness!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...