Monday, June 15, 2009

Painting Shenanigans

I have been working on this painting for so long now that I'm not sure if I can ever let it go. It's become a permanent fixture to my home and vehicle! I carry it around with me...always thinking, "I'll finish it tonight/in the morning/during lunch", or "All I need is one more 2-3 hour session".

While watercolor is one of my favorite mediums, there are moments when I just know I'm going to lose it. Like massive coronary lose it. If I have to do ONE MORE COAT of that dark purply* brown, that I'm not quite sure which blue I used to concoct, it won't be good!!

Well, this was in the beginning. I refer to this stage as Matthyclops.


And this is now. More of a Cerberus/dog of the underworld type look, right? Yeah. That'll go away when I finish filling in that right side, and darken that eye there. He's definitely not a puppy with much of a dark side. ^_^


So...it may not look like I've done a whole heck of a lot, but believe me you, I have! Bit by bit, he is coming along. I've given myself a solid deadline now, and Ari will have her painting when she gets back from vacation.

I'll keep you posted!

*I know "purply" isn't really a word, but you know what I mean.

6 comments:

  1. Okay, Heather...can I just say I would pay good money (if I had it) for that painting you have pictured right there? AMAZING. Just like it is. I LOVE IT. Can you do custom pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took that pic. haha

    I really miss my dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It already looks pretty awesome so I can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done! I know Ari is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon - Awww! Thank you, and yes. I emailed you.

    Mr. B - I love that pic. ^_^ You need to get that girl dog.

    Apollo - Why thank you! I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJune 20, 2009

    Eeeeee!!!!! I can't wait to see my painting!! I love MY dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...