Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday

I've been thinking a lot about this today. I think it'd be safe to say that approximately 75% of everyone I know has an aversion to Mondays. We cower and cringe at the thought of her. Sort of like this.
(any excuse to squeeze in some Klimt ^_^)
Now, the other 25% are the optimists on a quest to redeem or save Monday, to turn it into something else-something worth celebrating. Still, they know it doesn't like them...and it has a club.

My theory is that Monday is tired of being the day that everyone hates, or at least has to try not to hate. She's fed up with being Monday. Can't say's I blame her, but I don't enjoy the punishment.

So, what can we do? I propose that we give Monday a new name. Perhaps that's all she needs. A new start, a chance to recreate herself. Maybe then she'll not feel like reciprocating our distaste for waking up early to go to work anymore. Maybe she'll have pity on us.

What's your nomination? I already have one from MadamRaspberry. Her vote is for Princess Mon, which I think sounds Jamaican and I like it. What say you? Pick a name! This could save us all!

5 comments:

  1. The French call it 'lundi'. Which I think sounds better, like most everything in French. Or you could go with the ever-popular Polish variant: poniedzialek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I agree, Lundi does sound pretty. More happy. I think we should just not work on Mondays anymore. 3 day weekends ftw. then we can all despise Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always have Mondays off, after a crappy weekend of retail work. Mondays are cool.

    In high school, my friends and I called it Rex Manning Day. (And we musn't dwell... Not on Rex Manning Day.) We renamed all the days... I just don't remember the rest of them.

    Hey... keep it up and you could be the next oxtweekend.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apollo- Lundi. Hmmm...it's pretty, but isn't it the same? Lun=moon right? So, it's still Moon Day. We need a whole new start I think. ^_^

    CuriousIllusion- I could go for that! Tuesday would probably take a while to grow bitter.

    Cody- So, do you have an aversion to Tuedays instead?

    Let me try this. Oxt Rex Manning Day is my friend's birthday.

    That could work. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday should take the blame like a man!!

    Or we could call it Lundi...lol..which ever floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete

What Say You?!

Should I Write A Book?

Yesterday I made a Facebook post in an attempt to deal with some obsessive thoughts I was having, thoughts I have often, that drag me down. ...